Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gadget, The Gold Plated Cat

It must be gold plated! Everyone must have heard this at least once a common idiom. Something that should be pretty cheap or at least a reasonable price turned out not to be. I had a golden cat named gadget.

finding themselves living alone, I was transformed from God for my dog ​​to stop the fan. I got my first cat, a unique looking blue tortoise shell female kitten, I later called Gizmo from the local animal shelter. I explained my current lifestyle is more conducive to more independent life style cat and my arrival and departure would depend on the dog need to walk the dog needed. Not wanting to be alone Gizmo, I quickly brought a companion, gadget, small eyed black male kitten

.

Gadget was a shy cat, who quickly overcame her shyness and became my constant companion lap. He was a small muscular athletic guy who enjoys snatching fly six feet into the air with grace Acrobat and ate his catch with a real appetite of the beast. I'm not sure if he knew if the cat. He always came running when I called his name, delighted in playing the game bring, and his favorite place was in my lap accompanied by the mellow purr. His prestige is almost constant: he purred in his first vet exam. "He's a mellow happy man," my vet commented. The gadget is perfect:. He avoided a dirty litter box and made ​​his displeasure known by urinating in the middle of my bed

One afternoon I noticed a gadget is a little more vocal than usual, and when I picked him up she was screaming in pain. I realized this was an emergency and after getting a referral from a friend that took him to the vet. Gadget developed a blockage in the urinary sustava.Veterinar told me it was quite common in males because their anatomy, but it is a serious condition that needs further treatment to monitor bladder catherization just performed. She was from a local animal emergency hospital that will be able to make it 24 hour care potrebno.Veterinar Act is $ 250.00.

Not wanting to lose a friend, I took a gadget, IV bag of Ringer solution, a veterinarian's report in which the animal emergency bolnicu.Jedina thing that could be done at this point is to monitor his condition for several days to see how he responded to initial treatment. May we have your credit card please pay for these services? Rate is $ 150/day for 24 hour care. I really do not care about cost, I wanted gadget back home and well.

After a course of antibiotics and a CAT scan, the gadget was not getting better, but he keeps her for now. However, the cause of his obvious distress was elusive. Two days later, losing ground, as a last resort for problem diagnosis was abdominal ultrasound suggested.

Unfortunately, the gadget was in too much pain for the ultrasound, she started but not completed. His bladder has to be drilled in the procedure to drain the bladder and is now leaking into the abdomen causing systemic infection. I now faced difficult realization there was no hope for saving my beloved gadget.

I took so long last trip it held in my arms and whispered in my last farewell. Why did he lose so much hair? My hands were covered in black fur as I stroked the last time. "Trouble the cat will lose their coat. You make the right decision." She said as if I feel better. "The first shot will put him to sleep, while others will stop his heart. The end will be peaceful for him." I stroked him, hoping against hope these final shots would not work and my fearless kitty still will not recover. Everything will be like: I just wanted my gadget back. Unfortunately, I drove home alone that day.

After a week of treatment in the emergency animal hospital, my bill was over $ 2,500. My cat has become a free gold cat. What can I learn?

• Develop a good working relationship with a veterinarian.

• Pay attention to symptoms or unusual behavior in your pet:. Seek treatment before they become urgent

• Problems can be fixed or more for certain breeds or sex;. Be aware and watch for them

• In an emergency to know where to go. Your veterinarian May have a recommendation, but do your research before an emergency occurs. Prices vary considerably for these services:. In general, smaller hospitals can charge less than larger hospital chains

• Finally, to explore the pet health insurance. It is easily accessible, both in the United States and Canada, from several different companies from a wide range of coverage and premiums.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©2011 http://rich-hightech.blogspot.com/. All Rights Reserved